We fear the possibility of another lockdown as another variant pops out on our radar. We see other countries impose such a mandate recently to fight off a surge in COVID-19 cases. As governments impose lockdown measures, we again face the nightmare of being isolated.
COVID-19 taught us that cabin fever is real. It does not only manifest itself as boredom. But we have seen ourselves utterly depressed with the state of things. We can fight off anxiety attacks before they set in. These preventive steps are simple measures that we can include in our daily activities. Let us talk about them.
A movie about the law of attraction was released a few years ago. Jack Canfield, the author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and Dr. John Gray, Oprah’s relationships expert, were featured in the film. But what is this Law of Attraction?
It is a philosophy that you attract what you like. One of the steps practiced in this ideology is being grateful. Whether you agree to the concept of the Law of Attraction, being grateful can have a positive effect on your life. It lets you focus on the positive things in your life.
We may say “thank you” every time someone opens the door for us. But this type of gratefulness runs deep. You should genuinely feel grateful for positivity to set in.
You can start by taking a deep breath upon waking up and enumerate what you should be grateful for. If you do not see anything good in your life, you appreciate having another day to live. This simple acknowledgment will start the ball of positivity rolling.
This positivity will have a great impact on your life. Professional matchmakers say that those with positive energy are more likely to attract suitable partners than those who don’t. They added that this type of people builds more stable relationships. Other experts say the same thing. Why not start your day by bringing in good vibes?
The government published a report that states the relation between sleep deprivation and obesity. The lack of sleep does not only cause eating disorders. But it also leads to memory issues.
We need seven to eight hours of sleep to function. But if you have problems sleeping, here are a few steps that you can take:
- When you are about to sleep, you must avoid your gadgets. The blue light that gadgets emit affects your circadian rhythm. It makes your brain think that it is still daytime.
- You should also avoid drinking any caffeinated drinks after 4 PM. Caffeine remains in your blood for six to eight hours. Thus, it keeps your brain stimulated throughout the night.
- You must establish sleeping and waking up schedules and stick with them. It will lead to a better quality of sleep.
You can fight boredom and even depression with regular physical activities. Exercising is good for your physical health and mental well-being. With this said, practicing yoga helps you calm down. Some people think that yoga is only for acrobats. Its poses tend to become gymnastic stunts. Yoga makes its practitioners flexible. This benefit makes it possible for yoga practitioners to do elaborate positions.
You can start with simple positions. Before we enumerate these, you have to remember to take a deep breath before transitioning to another pose. Here are some of them:
- The Child’s Pose — You can use this as your default transition pose. It will help you catch your breath and calm your mind before moving to the next position. But you have to avoid this if you suffer from high blood pressure or are pregnant.
- Easy Pose — If you cannot do the child’s pose, you can opt for this as your transition position. It can help you relax as you focus on your breathing.
- Downward-facing Dog — This position relieves back pain while strengthening your arms and shoulders. If you are in your last trimester, you must avoid this. Experts discourage people with carpal tunnel syndrome and other wrist issues.
- Tree Pose — This yoga pose helps you balance. All you need to do is stand straight, bring your hands in a prayer position, and put them over your head. With your left leg, you will press the inner part of your right thigh and switch position after thirty seconds. But you have to avoid this if you have low blood pressure.
You can insert yoga in the middle of the day when your stress levels have gone through the roof. Doing this will help you calm down. You can also ask your little ones to join you. You can use these steps to ensure your mental well-being. You can also incorporate other measures to guarantee the happiness of your entire family.
COVID-19 has taken the lives of at least four million people. But we are rounding the corner. Do not let this disease defeat you. The fact that you are reading this article is by itself a victory against COVID-19.